A little over a week ago i mentioned that my hair is to my site’s layout as my handwriting is to my singing. Well, now that you know a little bit about my hair i suppose i should talk about my site.
Whenever i mention my website i’m not really referring to crushing krisis but to Krisis Productions, which has been around for a little over two years. The two main layouts on my site are the splash page layout and the layout of AMkitchen, which used to be the only section of the site.
The AMkitchen layout, which used to be the only section of the site, started out as a basic vertically split frame. It stayed that way until it began to look a bit too clunky, at which point i ditched it in favor of a horizontally split frame. Other than the frames, the page had hardly changed an inch since i first created it. Earlier this year i changed the main part of the site over to a transparent table to clear up its layout, and last month i finally added a logo (with a fun random js component) to the top frame and simplified the opening layout. Even after all of those changes, a visitor from two years would probably still recognize the site, with the possible exception of the first lower frame that loads..
The splash layout used to be rather basic and black, but after i accumulated a few more satellite sections (like this one) i decided for the first time to go graphical. The first graphic menu incorporated basic mouseovers: the image of a section changed so that you could see the name of the section as you were about to click on it. Earlier this year i decided that the layout was a bit too dark, so i switched to a simple layout based on the infamous picture of clouds that also adorns my demo cd. The mouseover technique stayed the same, although now it switched two images. Finally, in June i decided that i needed to upgrade the layout again, so i switched to the current one. It is much more graphically intense, and offers many more options, but it’s very concise once you learn how to use it correctly. It still uses the same mouseover techniques, slightly enhanced. So, really, my whole site is still mostly functioning on the same code it began with.