I spent the last four hours setting up for and recording a Trio, but the more I listen to it the more it sounds like a full dress rehearsal rather than an actual show.
– Good setup; very clean sound
– Great performance of my new song
– Articulate between-song talks
– Bonus: Made it through a really hard cover for the first time, ever
– Brief audio skips from my FirePod (as many as three per song?)
– Blew my voice attempting a different (easier) cover; lead to lack of dynamics on (harder) cover
– Questionable rhythms on my old song; bad final note
– Bonus: Audio sync on my camera didn’t work
I’m trying to get away from being a crazy perfection freak, because that doesn’t lead to a high quantity of Trios. However, given the clarity of the audio the skipping is driving me crazy, and that’s enough of a reason to compound the other negatives into a redo. Freak or not, I want to be able to listen to Trio months from now without wincing (which was generally the bar I set for myself in Season 5, and it worked out nicely).
Also, I really wanted to do a video podcast of some portion of Trio in video, but my camera doesn’t seem to be up to the job. I can use Elise’s video camera, but that means waiting until she returns to the country, plus a few days (at least) to learn what to do.
So, sadly, I bring you no Trio. We’ll see how long it takes me to trouble-shoot the audio skips and work from there.
In the meantime, have a random recording from over the summer – “Chivas” (aka “Shivers”), by Kelly Clarkson, on baritone guitar. At the moment I have no idea what key I’ve transposed it to, but the chords in standard are A, F#m, C#m, E.