As much as i’d love to stay and chat you all up all day, i need to be in the recording studio in a (futile) attempt to finish up all of my projects and pass the class with something higher than a D. If my attempt gets to be too bleak i think i’ll just quit and record my new demo while i’ve got the keys in my possession. Sound like a plan? I’ll update you from the computer in the studio. Ciao.
Damnit, i want to be a Tenor. I spent all this time assuming that any notes far outside of first position on a guitar were useless, but the more and more i expand my taste in indy rock the more i realize you can make use of a high male voice in rock and roll without it just being a gimmick, and that i’m woefully stuck as a Baritone and should probably start retuning my guitar accordingly to make better use of my range.
This thought inspired by Jimmy Eat World’s Clarity, which hits notes i can’t even reach in falsetto.
Erm, if this is 90210 and i want to stay a virgin for a long time, does that make me Tori Spelling? And, didn’t she eventually lose it to someone before the run of the show was over? Also, did Tori Spelling ever hook up with Jenny Garth, because… um… well, i suppose that’d depend who the Jenny Garth of my life is. Hopefully they won’t have chipmunk teeth like she does…
So, of course, Ariel and i are now discussing what the ramifications of Sweeps Week would be if our lives were just a script, and are speculating on who our eventually returning Luke Perry will be. Yep… i have these conversations in real life with actual people. Scary, eh?
But, anyway, back to sex. It isn’t worth it, honestly. First off, i don’t trust birth control pills one bit. Sure, they’re over 90% effective when used correctly, but between human error and that remaining 10% they’re basically just useful for clearing up your skin and keeping your cycle regular. Condoms are also highly effective… over 98% when used correctly and with spermicide. Yet, nearly every couple whose sex-life i’ve been privy to has had a condom failure of some kind, whether it was their fault or not.
And then there is emotion. Sure, sex feels nice (or so i hear), but how many people do you really want to be entangled with on that level, physically or emotionally. Because, no matter what reasoning you assign or what protection you use, every time you have sex you’re not only agreeing to risk swapping rather vital bodily fluids, but you’re also entering into the contract of parenthood. If you play it safe, chances are that you’ll never have to step up to the plate on either of those charges, but they’re both the kind of thing that can forever alter a life.
Or maybe i’ve been a peer counselor long enough to be scared of everything and to know better than commit careless human error. Either way… it isn’t worth it. At least, i don’t think it is. Of course, i haven’t had any of it so i don’t suppose i’m qualified to make a decision for you, but you’ve got my opinion on it.
I’ll shut up now. Really, i will…
It’s funny, because we do sorta resemble 90210. Gina, Joey, Justin, Matt, and I (and Ariel just down the street at Penn). We all were friends throughout highschool, and we all unwittingly wound up at the same college. Some characters left the ensemble, and a few new ones joined. Matt fell away from the core cast but then roommate Matt was brought in as a replacement. The plots suddenly stopped just being about the four of us and expanded to include a cast of new characters with new quirks and problems that were never even touched on in highschool. Now Justin has decided to leave the show, and he’s being written out at the end of the season by transferring to another school. I don’t know how we’re ever going to find a replacement for him. And, we had finally signed a girl to play opposite of me who had the right chemistry, but she’s going on hiatus for a few weeks as the end of her plot gets worked out. And, for sweeps week we’re sending the beloved Laurel away to Europe so that all those Neilson bastards will shed a tear. And my character is still as charmed as ever, even after miserably failing half of his classes this semester. Because, some things always stay the same.
90210 had to end eventually, though, even after they managed to bring back some old favourites. It really hurt to see it go for a lot of viewers, because the show kept on evolving but all of the characters stayed the same despite years and years of experience. But, i never really liked that show. I bet the last episode would’ve gotten a tear out of me, though.