#20 is true. I was never very sick as a child, and by the time i got into middle school the only kind of illness i ever had was the flu or issues with my tonsils – never a stomach bug. I very clearly remember the last time i threw up in my own home, which had to be at age ten or eleven sitting on my mother’s hope chest with our big manila-colored basin sitting next to me. But, anyway, save for my first experience with how not to get drunk, i haven’t thrown up ever since, and i can hardly even remember what it’s like. Unpleasant, i’m sure.
Archives for May 2001
Do you know how long it’s been since i linked to Fluffy Battle Kitten? Come on… guess. You know you want to.
It’s been very nearly nine entire months since i linked to FBK a single time. When i happened upon the page again at about 3am last night I was almost a little surprised that i remembered that single instance of blogging it since i’ve obviously linked to quite a few people once or twice and haven’t read them for months since, but Fluffy Battle Kitten is a name not easily forgotten. Go see why.
#14 is true. Come on, people, i’m a record addict. After reading the War Against Silence entries concerning the ordering of records and reading Hi Fidelity cover to cover in a matter of hours, i decided i needed an eclectic but fun way to organize my albums so that i always had a decent selection to pick from on any shelf. So, i took all the discs down from the shelf and started messing around with ten random discs that i had been listening to a lot recently. After a little idle experimentation (well, this whole ordeal is rather idle, isn’t it?) i decided ordering albums by the predominant color of their spines would be fun. However, once i had my 50 most played discs on the shelf i realized that Tori Amos was going to occupy the first, last, and middle spots of my collection, and that the plan was entirely unfeasible because if just three of her discs were already spread out that far then the addition of her twenty-some singles would cause me to have a heart attack trying to find all the beesides to make mix tapes with. The plan was thusly abandoned.
I didn’t realize there were 22 of those; i thought there were only 21. 22 is my birthday, although 12 is generally my lucky number. So, yeah. I’m going to start revealing truths from the list tomorrow at some point, but i’ll make sure to keep it very suspenseful – like an ultra-long 50/50 split on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?. Of course, that would make me Regis, which means i need to dig up a tie that’ll match the shirt i’m going to wear tomorrow.
So much to do, so little sleep. g’Night.
Dude, did you know that Re has been blogging for a whole year now? That’s gotta be nearly a decade in blog years. So, yeah, she has a very simply nice layout now and i don’t send her enough love or readers as i probably should, but much love is due to her for sticking it out for a whole year. Here’s to another! (i just wanna see if she can force me not to shower while she’s at college :p)
The new bandwagon. Three or Five are false, depending on if you read them very literally or not. Enjoy the contemplation. Hints forthcoming:
- I have had exactly one serious scrape or cut, ever, and it wasn’t even that serious.
- I used to have a foot fetish before i understood what was supposed to be attractive about people.
- In my life i have consumed under 1 gallon combined of beer and/or cola.
- I still fit into my first pair of jeans.
- Before this year i had cried exactly twice since i left grade school.
- I haven’t shared a residence with more than one person at a time since i was 4.
- I was the reigning math word-problem champion in our Christian School League for two years running.
- I have never eaten a cut of steak other than fillet mignon when i was little, because my mom liked it.
- I have never been outside of this time zone.
- For the duration of highschool i claimed i had my first and only kiss to that point playing spin the bottle in 7th grade to avoid further romantic scrutiny.
- Until next year i will have spent a third of my life on welfare, a fifth of my life in braces, and nearly half my life without ever having a friend enter my bedroom.
- I learned to subtract from playing Monopoly.
- After my 5th birthday I have had a birthday party every even-numbered year of my life, until this year broke the streak.
- I briefly organized my 200+ cd spines to make a color spectrum, but the stress of having both black, gray and white Tori Amos cds made me give it up.
- Up until i stopped knowing what i wanted to be, i wanted to be a veterinarian.
- I was the worst reader in my first grade class.
- A girl kissed me approximately 3 years, 2 months, and 2 hours after when i originally asked a girl if she’d kiss me.
- The first time i was ever on stage i didn’t want to be there, and i forgot all of the words.
- In fifth grade i was the only student who decided to drop music class in favor of private (non-musical) study.
- I haven’t thrown up since 7th grade save for one nasty experience with Aftershock.
- I refused to wear anything coloured navy to the point of a temper tantrum until it became one of my school colors last year.
- Both girls i’ve ever asked out on a date wound up kissing my best friends.