Things I have learned about myself in the past 24 hours:
- Being able to walk six miles in 72 minutes has no bearing on being to run at all for any length of time.
- Every jog must begin with the theme from Buffy the Vampire Slayer or “Hypnotize” by Notorious BIG.
- Mid-jog rallies should be set to “Build Me Up Buttercup” for maximum effectiveness.
- I have a LONG way to go before I’m ready for that triathlon I claim to be doing in August.
- My hair is awesome.
- Wait, I knew that one already.
- Oh, here’s a new one:
I will unleash the most primal, gut-wrenching, OMG-it’s-the-Beatles! scream if Tina Fey suddenly appears in the same room as me.
Usually I am pretty cautious about my voice at shows, using only my particular (and well-supported) soprano wail for cheering purposes. However, last night when Conan O’Brien welcomed Tina Fey onto the stage at the Tower Theatre (making her entrance performing the cheer of what will be my neighborhood high school in eight short days, no less) I completely lost my mind.
And my voice. I can’t especially talk right now.
Allow me to repeat: I was in the same room as Tina Fey. TINA FEY.
(And let the record show that my crush on Tina Fey predates 30 Rock ENTIRELY. I have been in love with her since her first SNL “Weekend Update.” Ask Erika.)
In other news, I have to buy one of those armband iPod holders, because my underwear is not a proper home for my music collection.