It’s the most wonderful time of the year … for Marvel Omnibus fanatics!
That’s right, it’s time for the 2017 edition of Tigereyes’ Marvel’s Most-Wanted Omnibus Secret Ballot, where Marvel fans from all across the web can vote on their top ten most-wanted omnibus volumes from Marvel Comics.
Each year the survey not only acts as a barometer of the most-wanted deluxe format Marvel runs, but over the past four years it’s established itself to be a solid indicator of what Marvel might be most-interested in reprinted, with 20% of the books generally arriving in omnibus each year and many more being reprinted in other color formats.
Here’s Tigereyes’ official announcement post on the Marvel Masterworks forum (and a mirror on CBR)! I’ve had a chance to trade messages with Tigereyes as he’s prepared for this year’s survey and learned that he is hoping for the biggest response of all time this year.
Of course, I’m happy to help with the hype, since this is like my personal version of a month-long holiday celebration.
Stay tuned to CK during the weeks of of voting, as I’ll be posting regularly to break down the reprint statistics from past surveys and give you suggestions on books to vote for. Then, once Tigereyes begins to reveal the results, CK will feature daily write-ups the winning comic runs – including what they include, why people love them, and where you can read them right now.
How to Vote
You can vote one time before midnight ET on May 7 in one of three ways. Just send a list of your omnibuses numbered from 1 (most-wanted) to 10 (least most-wanted) to Tigereyes in one of the following fashions:
- Vote via email to (all one word, no spaces) marvel omni secret ballot at gmail
- Vote in a Private Message to Tigereyes on the Comic Book Resources forum (you need to be a member of the forum to do this)
- Vote in a Private Message on the MarvelMasterworks.com forum (you need to be a member of the forum to do this)
Remember, your proposed books need an explicit identifier to indicate what run they contain. If you just say “What If?” there’s now way to know if you mean the 70s series or the 80s series. And if you just say “X-Men” or “Spider-Man,” well… that’s not very helpful, is it?
Also, note that your proposed volumes should have no more than 40-45 issues each. Marvel occasionally breaks the 45-issue barrier for their most ultra-large books, but they tend to be for self-contained runs or events where it pays to get it all into one volume.
What To Vote For
What, you thought I was just going to give you my list? That’s a closely-guarded secret! Plus, this list only works if it’s honestly what each of us would really buy if it was released in omnibus.
However, if you’re eager to vote right now but not sure what votes to cast, here are some helpful links to help you build your list.
- The 2016 Results – See the top 59 books that were chosen last year, with links to my coverage on every one
- The Complete List of Official Marvel Omnibuses – Avoid making an invalid vote by checking out what Marvel has already released in omnibus format.
- 50 More Marvel Runs That Deserve An Omnibus – Last year after the survey ended I suggested 50 more Marvel runs deserving your 2017 vote, and now the time is here! A few of these have already been announced as 2017 omnibuses, which only goes to confirm my great taste in omnibuses ;)
- Marvel’s Most-Wanted Omnibuses – What’s been printed and what’s gone missing? – See what has been printed from past surveys and which books have fallen off each year’s list. I’ll be refreshing this analysis here on CK over the course of the survey.
New Omnibus Posts!
I’ll be writing about Marvel Omnibuses the entire time the survey is open! I’ll continue to update this post with links to the new content.
- Full Coverage of past years’ results – plus, what’s been printed since then!
- The Orphan Report: Marvel’s abandoned omnibuses and open omnibus lines
- Oversize X-Men: A map of every existing omnibus, plus what’s missing
- Marvel runs that ought to be an omnibus
Questions about what’s been collected before or the best way to squeeze your favorite run into a proposed vote? Feel free to comment below – just remember, the only way to make an official vote is to contact Tigereyes by one of the three methods listed above!